· Hessle Cricket Club in all its activities, is fully committed to the principles of equality of opportunity in cricket, and to ensuring that its employees, members and all other individuals working or volunteering for Hessle CC and participating in or watching Hessle Cricket Clubs activities are treated fairly and are able to conduct their activities free from discrimination, harassment or intimidation.
· Hessle CC, in all its activities will not discriminate or in any way treat anyone less favorably on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, parental or marital status, religion or sexual orientation.
· Hessle CC will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimization.
· Hessle CC will endeavor to create access and opportunities for all those individuals who wish to participate and are lawfully eligible to participate.
· Hessle CC will ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that its employees, members and volunteers adhere to these requirements and this policy.
· This policy is fully supported by Hessle CC club officers and committee who are responsible for the implementation of this policy. Hessle CC is committed to the investigation of any claims when brought to its attention of discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimization of an individual, and reserves the right to impose such sanctions as it considers appropriate and proportionate, where such is found to be the case.
· In the event that any employee, member, volunteer, participant or spectator feels that they have suffered discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimization they should report the matter to the relevant committee immediately.
· Any such report should include: details of what occurred; When and where the occurrence took place; Any witness details and copies of any witness statements.
· If the accused individual is an employee, the committee will regard the issue as a disciplinary issue and will follow Hessle CC employment disciplinary procedure.
· If the accused individual is a non – employee, the committee:-
- May decide (at its sole discretion) to uphold or dismiss the complaint without holding a hearing.
- May (at its sole discretion) hold a hearing at which both parties will be entitled to attend and present their case.
- Will have the power to impose any one or more of the following sanctions on any person found to be in breach of any policy: (a) warn as to future conduct (b) suspend from membership (c) remove from membership (d) exclude a non – member from the facility, either temporarily or permanently and (e) turn down a non – members current and / or future membership application and provide both parties with written reasons for it decision.
· A party may appeal a decision of the committee to the relevant County Cricket Board within 3 months of Hessle Cricket Clubs decision being notified to that party.
· If the nature of the complaint is with regard to the committee of Hessle CC, the complainant may report the complaint directly to the relevant County Cricket Board.
This policy will be reviewed periodically by Hessle CC in consultation with the England and Wales Cricket Board Limited.